Guess what it says when you search the phrase “keep on keepin’ on” in Urban Dictionary?!
“You just have to keep on, keepin’ on until you’ve achieved your goal.”
YEP! That’s right, friends.
I traveled to Charleston, SC this past weekend. Gorgeous weather. Top priorities included eating good food, drinking good wine and exercise. Wait waaat. Exercise on vacation? Why?
Because you just have to keep on keepin’ on.
Fortunately, Charleston is a big playground. We ran and biked across the city, down the Battery, over the Cooper Bridge. I even found a few stairs to climb along the way.
Nothing compares to Kenan Stadium Stairs.
Okay, I know. Not everyone enjoys site seeing by run. Still want to eat and drink endlessly on vacation, guilt free, you say? I’ve got you covered. Here’s a quick plank exercise you can do anywhere. You don’t even have to be on vacation! Try it in your den before work, your office during lunch or your back deck after an evening jog. It’s quick, it’s challenging and it will ensure guilt free dessert, so you can keep on keepin’ on — with your goals and your vacation.
Try each plank for 1 full minute with a 15 second break in between. Too much? Start with 30 seconds per plank and work your way up to a full minute. Need more sweat? Do it twice!
- Plank + Pike: use your abs to drive your bottom up in the air, and back down.
- Plank + Alternating Leg Lift.
- Plank + Alternating Leg Tap.
- Plank + Spider Man: full plank, knee to elbow.
- Plank + Oblique Twist: use your hip flexors and glutes to twist to one side, back to the middle, twist to the other side.
- Up + Down Plank: I like to switch my “leading” hand halfway through the minute when coming up to full plank.