Happy Easter Weekend! Only one more day before my Big Lebanese Family arrives. In addition to the hugging and laughing and talking over one another, we will gorge on yummy Mediterranean food like hummus, kibbi and fathayi. Oh, and desserts! I see a couple pieces of baklava and one too many Cadbury Eggs in my near future. Good thing I snuck in a workout with one of my favorite buddies, Aries Brinson, today.
Don’t worry, I didn’t forget about you. We videotaped it, of course.
Aries and I met on the high school varsity cheerleading squad. We both went away for college and law school and arrived back in Goldsboro right around the same time, thank goodness. Aries is full of energy and positive vibes. Her workout wardrobe, untouchable. This is a must do buddy workout. Share with a friend, and get to work!
We had a blast filming this workout. Try 3 sets, the first one for a minute, then 30 seconds, then 15 seconds.
- Squat, ball pass (back straight, abs engaged, get low enough that you feel it in your quads)
- Overhead ball pass sit-ups (use your abs to come up and go back down)
- Wall sit/burpee ball pass (one partner does a wall sit while the other does a burpee, push up, and pass the ball in between; make sure you switch positions before moving on to the next workout)
- Plank + alternating high fives (the wider apart your legs, the more stability)
- Plank/lateral high jumps (one partner in elbow plank while the other jumps over her partner’s legs; make sure you switch positions)
For many, this is a holiday weekend. Perhaps you have a friend or family member close by who will try these workouts with you. If you don’t have a ball, grab a water bottle or a bottle of wine to pass back and forth. Just make sure your partner is a good catcher.
Have fun, turn up the volume, let’s HUSTLE.
**Thanks to the Goldsboro YMCA for use of their awesome workout facilities!